Library Instruction Sessions: Strengthening Information Literacy Skills, Single click!
Wednesday, December 22, 2021
Dear LRC Users,
LRC has designed an online request form to request for a library instructional session for their classes or to support their course works/ research.
Who can place the request?
- Group of students
- One to One
Librarians are available to conduct instructional sessions tailored to individual class needs/ coursework need / research.
DeepKnowledge is an online platform that enables library end users to conduct searches on various subscriptions and online resources simultaneously and retrieve the results in a consistent and ranked format, and get access to full text articles, journals, and books remotely. It also allows library administrators to get details and extensive reports and usage details.
Log in Deepknowledge/ Library portal-> LRC Online form
To accommodate all requests, please submit this form a minimum of one week prior to the desired date.
Once you submit this form, you will receive a confirmation e-mail and a librarian will contact you to design the session to make appropriate for your needs.
Possible content for the session includes:
- To know about the Library Portal/ Deep-knowledge Portal
- Locating the resources (print and electronic) according to the need
- Database searching skills and / or advanced searching methods for databases
- How to access the e-textbooks through itslearning portal
- How to access and locate the books through OPCA (Online Public Catalogue Access)
Services are available for both instructors and the students.
The sessions can be held in different platforms ( Classrooms, Blackboard, MS team, LRC)