DeepKnowledge™ is a full-fledged web based e-library system that allows content access, management, search and deliverability. It empowers hundreds of thousands of end users and a multitude of medical, academic and corporate institutions in the middle-east and North Africa.
Federated search is the technology of simultaneously searching multiple content sources from one search user interface and aggregating the results into a single results page. Federated search engines sometimes perform additional functions such as removing duplicates from the results lists, ranking content like articles against one another or combining search results by subject and content type.
DeepKnowledge™ has currently partnered with the leading search providers such as Muse Global
, Serial Solutions
and Deep Web Technologies
in order to provide a seamless integration with the most advanced federated search services available, with a portfolio of over 10,000 connectors. If you currently subscribe to one of these products please get in touch with email@example.com
in order to activate your integration for FREE.
In order to register, simply fill the
, click on submit, open your mailbox and click on the activation link that you have received.
Please make sure that the username you have provided during the registration is a valid email address, otherwise you will not be able to activate your account.
If you didn’t receive the activation email, it is mostly due to restrictions in your email client. Check your Junk emails folder, make sure that you add firstname.lastname@example.org
to your safe list and request another activation email
In the case where this does not help, please get in touch with email@example.com
Your library administrator chose to manually review and activate user accounts. Wait for some time until your account is being reviewed, you should be receiving a confirmation email soon once your account is approved
Any person who is part of Al Khawarizmi International College should be able to register. Please get in touch with your library administrator for more details in regards to any particular requirements or limitations that could apply to the e-library registration.
Simple! Go to
password reset page
, enter the email address you registered with and you should receive instructions by email on how to reset your password.
Get in touch with your librarian, there is high chance that he would be able to provide you the information you need. We are also here to help! Fill up the
support enquiry form
and one of our DeepKnowledge specialists will assist you.
Of course! All your institution subscribed content that is available on the e-library portal is remotely authenticated, which means that you simply have to login using your account in order to get access to the same content. If you are having trouble viewing a particular resource or database, please get in touch with us by filling the
We maintain an online documentation that reflects changes to the e-library platform as well as the addition of new features. You can access the online knowledge base
Answer: Textbooks are course books to support the student’s learning. Majority of the courses run with a textbook, either in printed format or Electronic format. Once the student register a course, the textbook is also included as a default element along with the course.
- When can I get my textbooks?
Answer: Students can get your textbooks after completing the registration procedures with fee payment at least 25% or according to your agreement with the accounts department.
- How can I get my textbooks?
Answer: Once the student register the course with payment of fees at least 25% or AED 2500/- and start classes, you will be notified through email. For e-textbook, student can be accessed through itslearning portal and printed textbook, the student can be collected from the college library.
- Where can I get my textbooks?
Answer: Printed Textbook: Printed textbooks can be collected from the college library if the student complies with the Covid 19 protocol with PCR negative test results with a validity of fewer than 14 days to enter into the college campus.
E-Textbook: E-textbook can be accessed through the itslearning portal (https://kic.itslearning.com/). The email has the username, password and the access link. Where the student can access it easily.
- Why do we have two versions of textbooks?
Answer: Majority of the textbooks are in the form of e-textbooks. But some of the Mass communication and English courses have. E-textbooks are as per the publisher strategy and printed textbooks are to fill the gap if the course is not having an option to choose the e-textbook.
- Where are the Guidelines to access the e-textbook?
Answer: You have been added to your respective courses on the itslearning portal. Please note the following:
- New students: Check your email for your credentials and use them to sign in to itslearning in order to access your courses and e-books.
- Old students: Sign in to itslearning with the credentials you have used in the previous semesters. (Let us know if you have trouble signing in so we can reset your password)
Also, kindly find below the links to the training video recordings, both in English and Arabic versions that will guide you on how to access your courses and e-books through the itslearning portal.
English Version: https://bit.ly/3klhHHK
Arabic Version: https://bit.ly/2T0JmT3
In case the e-book won’t open after you have clicked the link from the itslearning portal, just like the screenshot below, please follow the instructions on “Disabling Pop-up Blocker to Access VitalSource E-books” by clicking on the following link: https://bit.ly/34RqAD1
- How many books a student can borrow and how many days?
Answer: A student can borrow five books for a period of ten days.
- How many books a staff can borrow and how many days?
Answer: A staff can borrow ten books for a period of 30 days
Answer: Yes. The books can be renewed twice provided, if there is no reservation for the titles.
- We have digital library platform & where it is available?
Answer: Yes. The links are available in the blackboard login page, SIS portal and KIC website.
- Where we can find the user-credentials of the library portal?
Answer: All the user will find the user-credentials in the official college email.
- Which all databases we have subscriptions?
Answer: Currently we have four databases (ProQuest Central, E-Book Central, Emerald insight & E-marfa)
- What are the rights of the LRC users?
Answer: Library users have a right to expect:
- Well organized library resources to support study and research.
- Courteous, efficient, and effective service.
- Reasonable accommodation for learning styles and challenges.
- Instruction in the development of library research skills.
- Confidential access to library resources.
- A clean, safe environment.
- A library environment free from harassment and physical danger.
- Timely responses to expressed concerns.
- What are the services that KIC LRC provides to its users?
Answer: The KIC LRC provides the following services to its users:
- Circulation and Reserves
- Reference and User Education
- Educational Resources on the Internet
- Group Study Rooms
- Orientation Programs and Guided Tours
- Online Catalogs
- Issue of E-Textbook & Printed textbook
- Interlibrary Loan service(ILL)
- Is there is any other institution co-agreement with our library?
Answer: Yes, we have agreement with Abu Dhabi University Library.
- What are the scope of the co-operative agreement for the user community?
Answer: Use of library facilities including reading spaces, reference services, and internet.
Interlibrary loan including books and articles from the printed journals.
Access to the databases while users are physically on campus.
Information and Help Desk