KIC views its Learning Resource Center (LRC) as a vital resource for the development of the College. The KIC Management carefully adheres to the LRC policy and ensures that the library holdings are updated regularly. Our collection is growing depends upon the increasing number of students and programs.
The LRC offers comprehensive services to both the College staff and students. The LRC campuses each contain thousands of book titles in Business Administration, Information Technology, Computer Graphics and Animation, English language and literature, Islamic Banking and Finance, Mass Communication and Public Relations, Fashion Technology and Health Management, Optical, Dental and Medical Laboratory.
The LRC at each campus has a computer laboratory area has PCs equipped with high-speed internet access for easy browsing and preparation for assignments. Computer-based DVDs are available for most of the subjects as well as educational media for subject areas taught at the College.
- Promote through the facility that continued self-development of the users in the direction of educational and applied research which put into practice the motto that "Building Library Resources is a Continuous Process".
- Provide current library materials, access to library resources, serves via web page accessible 24/7 that support the academic curriculum
- Enhance information literacy, especially in the student community by developing effective plans aiming to improve student ability to access information effectively and efficiently, evaluate information and its sources critically and understand economic, legal and social issues when using information.
- Encourage course leaders to integrate the use of the LRC in most of the coursework assignments done by the students.
- Achieve satisfactory ranking for the Learning Resource Center amongst the LRCs of community Colleges in the Abu Dhabi Emirate.
Learning resource center Values
- Encourage the process of independent learning.
- Promote the Learning resource center for both real and virtual extended classrooms.
- Embrace our role as collectors and custodians of the intellectual record.
- Offer an environment that supports creativity, flexibility, and collaboration.
- Believe that each user of the Learning resource center is unique and important.
- Maintain a comfortable, welcoming and secure place for study, research, work, reflection and interaction.
- Commit ourselves to excellence.
- Seek out the experienced people and resources to accomplish our work.
- Relate to each other with honesty and candor.
- Promote the highest standards of our profession, including open and equitable access to information.
- Engage in open and honest communication at all levels.
The Library's mission is to provide comprehensive resources and services in support of the research, teaching, and learning needs of the University community. To fulfill this mission, the Library commits to:
- Understand the research, teaching, and learning needs of its users;
- Build collections and create tools to support research, teaching, and learning;
- Provide access to and promote the discovery and use of local and external information resources;
- Ensure the preservation and long-lasting availability of Library collections and resources;
- Create hospitable physical and virtual environments for study, teaching, and research;
- Collaborate with other members of the University to enrich the research and learning community;
- Advance local, national, and international library and information initiatives;
- Develop, encourage, and sustain expertise, skill, commitment and an innovative spirit in its staff.
As a center of intense intellectual inquiry, LRC shares with the University’s aspiration to be the most dynamic learning environment in UAE.
In this desired future, the Library ensures that its collections remain forward-looking, diverse in breadth and form, open to browsing, and of world-renowned quality. Through promotion, the Library makes people aware of the resources available to them, and through innovation, it makes access to these resources easier. The Library’s creation of an integrated, seamless web of information further streamlines access. To serve future users, the Library preserves information across all formats and ensures effective storage and delivery systems. The Library’s physical and virtual spaces respond to the changing habits of its users to enrich the campus experience and to multiply the ways in which people can pursue inquiry. The Library’s collaboration with expanding circles of partners yields unified access, broadening knowledge, and enhanced services.
The Library continues to embrace changes and align itself to thrive on diversity, to support professional growth and opportunity, and to reward flexibility and innovation.
Books & Journals
It is the goal of the library to own or have ready access to a sufficient number of informational resources with sufficient scope, depth, relevance, and accuracy in a variety of useful formats for the purpose of providing information; education and instruction; cultural experience and growth; and meaningful recreation to the library's users. LRC has largest collection of books and journals on open shelves. LRC cover all the specialization of subjects under each programs.
The collection of Business Administration covers marketing, finance, accounting, statistics, business maths, management, international business, economics, leadership, human resource management and staffing, advertising, auditing, branding, business information system, accounting information system, business law, business management, compensation management, conflict management, consumer behavior, contract law, corporate finance, governmental accounting, management accounting, cost accounting, customer relations management, public relations management, discrete mathematics, e-commerce, entrepreneurship, financial accounting, financial statement analysis, leadership, logistics and supply chain management, knowledge management, marketing research, operation management, organizational behavior, probability, project management, public relations management, research methods in business, retail management, risk management, sales management, service management, time management, material management, total quality management, etc.
Information Technology and Computer Graphic and Administration
Computer Graphics & Animation consists of visual communications, storyboards, Photoshop, digital photography, digital sculpting, lighting, digital video, editing, video editing, visual graphics, graphic visual storytelling, digital visual effects, visual communications, media ethics, media selling, digital audio, making music, animation, character animation, cinematography, animation and games, 3D computer graphics and animation, 3ds Max, digital art, designing for print, actionscript, adobe flash, adobe illustrator, adobe indesign, adobe premier, adobe premier pro, autoCAD etc.
In the year 2014 KIC started a new program Mass Communication in Arabic. This is a rare course in Middle East, and we have a good collection of books under this program. Collection contains public relations, multimedia, advertising, statistics, sociology, psychology etc.
Health Management program consists of different courses like dental laboratory technology, optometry, and medical laboratory. We covers all the specialization under health management like psychology, chemistry, biology, biostatistics, genetics, anatomy, physiology, clinical laboratory techniques, blood banking and transfusion, electronic health record, ethics and law in public health, first aid & emergency management, forensic science, health economics, healthcare information & management, healthcare quality & safety, hematology, hospital operation, immunology, medical insurance, medical physics, medical sociology, medical terminology, medical tourism, microbiology, nursing, nutrition, parasitology, pathology, pharmacology, psychiatry, public health policy, veterinary science, virology, histology, pathology, public health, healthcare finance etc.
Islamic Banking and Finance
subjects also have a good space in LRC. Under this subject LRC covers the areas of Islamic banking, auditing, zakat accounting, Islamic accounting standards, Islamic ethics and governance, banking systems, central banking, European banking system, ethics in banking, bank regulatory reforms, bond markets, dictionary of finance and banking, credit risk measurements, contemporary waqf issues, financial structures and regulations, Essentials of Musharakah and Mudarabah, Global Bank Regulation, Islamic economics, Islamic insurance, Islamic economics, money banking and financial markets etc.
More over this LRC provides a very good collection for General subjects (multimedia presentation, business communication, environmental issues, college mathematics, critical thinking, general English and literature and general study skills). It consist of business English, business correspondence and report writing, internship, business ethics, information literacy, interpersonal skills, professional communication, research methodology, study skills, communication skills, writing and reading skills. Environmental subjects contains the books relating with climate change, earth science, earth resources, environmental management, weather analysis, water resources, nuclear fusion and energy, environmental pollution etc. UAE culture and society, Islamism related books are also available under general category. English consists of general and literature such as grammar, dictionaries, vocabulary practice, IELTS, TOEFL, spoken English, language teaching and researching. English literature areas covers fictions, poems and short stories.
Journals: LRC subscribes more than 35 printed journals in different areas of subjects
CDs and DVDs: LRC has large amount of CDs and DVDs collection for the users.